Tuesday 28 August 2018

Summer in the City

It's been a scorching hot summer, but our garden has held up well with a lot of effort put into watering. Here is a picking of flowers one morning in early July. Stand out flowers were sea holly, red alstroemeria and sweetpeas.
Another favourite of mine has been perennial scabious. It is lovely when it is just starting to open up, when it is in full bloom and also as a seedhead.
Other brilliant flowers, still in bloom, are cosmos, echinacea, garlic chives and lavender.
In the height of the summer I was really pleased to arrange the flowers for Holly's wedding. She got married in Sheffield Town Hall and then had her reception at Tampers. I made her bouquet with just white and blue flowers (including the gorgeous scabious with asters, sea holly, lavender, roses, phlox and agapanthus).
Her bridesmaids' posies included a few yellow roses to match up with the gold ties worn by the men.
Now we`ve got to late summer, the dahlias are the star of the show.
Also the produce for eating!
Mike is really keen on geraniums. They aren`t my favourite, but I have to agree that they have really livened up this bit of wall.
There are a lot of flowers to harvest at this time of year and I find myself arranging them straight into jugs and vases. I will be running a workshop on Saturday 6th October about arranging into vintage jugs. These are the kind of things I like to put together.
Why not come along to the workshop and release some creativity!

No comments:

Post a Comment