Sunday 24 January 2016

Handbags - new workshop

Last week I ran a new workshop for a group of friends. The idea was to make a handbag and fill it with flowers. We used an up-cycled carton which we covered with aspidistra leaves and then decorated with all sorts of materials. Then we filled the handbag with beautiful flowers. I was really pleased with the results. This workshop provides a great opportunity to be creative and develop your own style. Here are some close-ups of the handbags. This one has a bit of glitz in the handle and a pretty silver bow.
This next one is rather romantic and whimsical.
I like the way this one uses ivy leaves at the top of the bag and I like the candy-striped handle.
This last one has some lovely detail on the handbag itself.
Last week I also took the opportunity to revamp my woodland log. I added some new dried materials to it and replaced the succulents. I also added some fresh flowers which appear to grow magically out of the log. Then I placed it in our porch to greet visitors to the house. It is hard to capture the shape and all the detail on the log, but here is my best shot.
I haven`t yet offered the woodland log or the handbag workshop as an open workshop yet.They both include some clever ideas for construction and produce individual, slightly quirky results. I really enjoy them both and so do the participants. The great thing about the log is that it lasts for ages (I made mine originally last May). After a bit of thought, I`ve decided to run a handbag workshop this spring and then I will add a woodland log to the autumn schedule. Please have a look at the information page of my website to see details of up-coming workshop dates.

No comments:

Post a Comment